Wednesday 18 February 2009

Don't waste your time with Outnow.co.uk

Hi everyone,

I'm not much of a blogger but this has annoyed me so much that I feel compelled to warn others.

After using up the lovefilm and the blockbuster free online dvd rental trials I recently stumbled upon a 2 month free trial at Outnow.co.uk and signed up straight away. On digging further however I found many reviews stating that Outnow was a very unreliable company and when complaints were made thier customer service was often appalingly bad. Nevertherless I thought I should give them a chance to prove otherwise.

I have now had the service for just over a week and I am already seeing why people view them so poorly. The first issue is as follows: they suggest to put 15 dvds into your list to ensure a fast turnaround which is fairly common practise with these companies. I therefore filled my list with 14 disks rated at medium and high priority assuming that I would get at least one of these, I then put a selection of lower priority disks in, taking my total to 24 disks, assuming I might get 1 of these as well if there was particularly high demand for my other choices. I was very shocked to then find out that I had been allocated 2 of my low priority disks and that the 14 medium and high disks had been completely ignored. On finding this I immeadiately emailed the customer service department asking why this was the case. However, now, over a week later and still no response.

Unfortunately it gets worse, after sending back the first disks I found out today that I have been allocated 2 disks which were not even on my list!!! This I feel is unacceptable service and I have once again emailed my concerns hoping that this time I will get a response.

For now though I am seriously warning people away from using Outnow, it just doesn't compete with bigger companies such as blockbuster and love film on any level and is really not worth the hassle.

No comments:

Post a Comment